: Everyone kicks ass in some ways
- Straight Everyone has an awesome moment
- Downplayed: Everyone gets a Mundane Made Awesome moment.
- Inverted: Everyone in a universe is a weakling, incapable of a good fight or a clever gambit.
- Everyone have an awesome moment, except for a pansy Bob.
- The setting of the story is built up to be a World of Badass... and then the cast is revealed to be one full of harmless talking rabbits.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Everyone has a moment they believed are awesome, though it is definitely not.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Some characters are badass, some aren't.
- Enforced: The writer or executive wants the show to have a lot of cool fight scenes to draw in new viewers.
- Lampshaded: "You, my friend, are a Worthy Opponent just like everyone else I know. You're nothing special."
- Invoked: The world has adopted Social Darwinist standards just so they can live such a world and will be safe if there any alien invaders.
- Exploited: Alex Cunningham the lone-wolf wants to hire someone to guard his stuff while he's gone and wants someone tough & trustworthy. Aware of this trope, he chooses random people off the street & makes sure that he can trust them before telling them to guard his stuff.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "Why does everyone have to so badass? I mean god could have, at least, made one of my enemies into a wimp. Good thing I'm not one though."
- Conversed: "Why would they make everyone start out as a badass? If you think about it, it'd more impressive for a wimpy character to learn to accomplish such feats and become badass over the course of the story."
- Deconstructed: Bob is afraid he will be out-shined by a lot of people...
- Reconstructed: ...so he studies super-science and becomes the most colossal Awesome by Analysis Omnidisciplinary Scientist Badass Bookworm IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!
Back to World of Badass