Playing With: World of Badass
Basic Trope: Everyone kicks ass in some ways
Back to World of Badass
- Straight Everyone has an awesome moment
- Everybody, even the cafeteria worker at any given High School,is qualified to be a Memetic Badass. The usual routines involve fending off Eldritch Abominations that reside outside the planet, outwitting the resident Trickster God, and that is before getting through the front door of their job. Needless to say, every day is a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Even the babies & toddlers and elderly are badass.
- Downplayed: Everyone gets a Mundane Made Awesome moment.
- The world has Social Darwinist standards and has tough living conditions, which forces people to be an Action Survivor at least. This is the method a large majority of societies in order to breed powerful human beings for their success.
- Badassery is a method of survival in a dangerous Crapsack World.
- Everyone Is a Super
- The story takes place at an occupation where badassery is a requirement.
- Inverted: Everyone in a universe is a weakling, incapable of a good fight or a clever gambit.
- Everyone have an awesome moment, except for a pansy Bob.
- The setting of the story is built up to be a World of Badass... and then the cast is revealed to be one full of harmless talking rabbits.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Everyone has a moment they believed are awesome, though it is definitely not.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Some characters are badass, some aren't.
- Enforced: The writer or executive wants the show to have a lot of cool fight scenes to draw in new viewers.
- Lampshaded: "You, my friend, are a Worthy Opponent just like everyone else I know. You're nothing special."
- Invoked: The world has adopted Social Darwinist standards just so they can live such a world and will be safe if there any alien invaders.
- Exploited: Alex Cunningham the lone-wolf wants to hire someone to guard his stuff while he's gone and wants someone tough & trustworthy. Aware of this trope, he chooses random people off the street & makes sure that he can trust them before telling them to guard his stuff.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "Why does everyone have to so badass? I mean god could have, at least, made one of my enemies into a wimp. Good thing I'm not one though."
- Conversed: "Why would they make everyone start out as a badass? If you think about it, it'd more impressive for a wimpy character to learn to accomplish such feats and become badass over the course of the story."
- Deconstructed: Bob is afraid he will be out-shined by a lot of people...
- Reconstructed: ...so he studies super-science and becomes the most colossal Awesome by Analysis Omnidisciplinary Scientist Badass Bookworm IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!
Back to World of Badass