Playing With: Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds
: The Woobie
wants to destroy everything and everyone to end suffering.
- Bob loses Alice and, despite trying to just move on with his life, becomes sufficiently twisted and embittered that if someone put him in a position to get revenge on her attackers, there's no telling what he'd do.
- Bob has been bullied so much that he becomes a bully himself.
- Double Subverted: Turns out, Bob is crazy, except that he truly, genuinely cared about Alice and was trying to Become His Heroic Mask. After losing the only one who saw the good in him, he's hell-bent on vengeance.
- Parodied: Someone shoots a spitball at Bob. He becomes a super villain in response.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Any Omnicidal Maniacs have no particularly good justification; Woobies don't do anything homicidal.
- Enforced: "We can't just have our Omnicidal Maniac destroy for the lulz!"
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: Claire killed Alice to make Bob join The Dark Side.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: After Alice's death, Bob gets therapy so he won't engage in any of this type of behavior.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice was a Person of Mass Destruction killed with the support of essentially the entire world, with only Bob who looks up to her. As a result, nobody sympathizes with Bob's rebellion, and it ultimately comes across as pointless and stupid.
Back to Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds