: A character that only uses his or her superpowers for his or her own personal convenience.
- Straight: Alice uses her new found ice powers for mundane things. She never uses it to fight crime or help other people.
- Exaggerated: Every super powered individuals in town decided to just use their supers for their own convenience. Nobody seems interested on using them to make the world a better place or even becoming as a super-villain.
- Downplayed: Mundane Utility: Alice does use her ice powers for good though she does still exploit her powers in her daily life.
- Alice isn't really a good fighter so she uses her powers on things she is good at.
- After some events of successfully fighting crime, Alice finds it would be much easier to let cops handle the mundane things in case somebody starts to try and exploit her. The police are aware of this as well, but encourage her to at least use her powers so she doesn't get out of practice.
- Inverted: Comes Great Responsibility: Alice uses her ice powers exclusively on crime fighting. It hasn't occured to her yet that her powers has other applications besides that.
- Subverted: Alice has come accross a situation where her powers could be useful but she hasitated as she knows that she shouldn't be exploiting her powers for her own personal gain.
- Double Subverted: ...but she does so anyway.
- Parodied: Alice just bought a drink from a diner. They forgot to add ice cubes in her drink so she makes her own using her ice powers. As she drinks from her cup, we can see from outside of the window Super Bob fighting desparately against a giant monster attacking the town.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice doesn't have ice powers.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I bet Alice would use her powers other than crime fighting."
- Invoked: "Who said that I have to become a superhero anyway?"
- Exploited: Super Bob invited Alice to join Team Superhero but she declined. Instead she used her new found ice powers to start an icecream and smoothies business.
- Defied: Super Bob finally convinced Alice to join Team Superhero.
- Discussed: "Man it's really hot today... If only I had some ice powers or something."
- Conversed: "Bob's life would've been easier if he would only use his powers for his own instead of fighting villains and monsters all day."
- Implied: Alice's fridge is always frozen cold even though it isn't plugged in.
- Deconstructed: People see Alice as a freak. Super Bob thinks that she is selfish that she doesn't use her powers to help other people.
- Reconstructed: Alice finally uses her super powers to help people and fight crime to repair her reputation.
Back to With Great Power Comes Great Perks