: A Slash Fic
and Boys Love
fanfic trope in which a previously more assertive character is derailed
into a wuss so that he can be cast as an Uke
in a power-imbalanced relationship.
- Straightnote : In a Slash Fic, Andy is derailed into a submissive Non-Action Guy so that Bob can be a Seme.
- Exaggerated: In a Slash Fic Andy is derailed to be completely hysterical and dependent on Bob.
- Inverted: In a Slash Fic, Andy takes several levels in badass, so that he can be paired with Bob as an equal or as the seme.
- Gender Inverted: In a Femme Slash Fic, Alice undergoes an unsubtle degree of Xenafication in order to be a proper "butch" to Bonnie's "femme".
- Andy acts like a submissive Non-Action Guy, because he thinks that this is the type Bob likes. Bob tells him to snap out of it, because he liked the old Andy the way he was.
- Andy becomes an uke, but he is still assertive and competent as he is in canon.
- Double Subverted:
- ...And Andy tells him no, he likes acting this way.
- Then Andy is submissive after one chapter.
- In a Crack Fic, Andy acts like a submissive Non-Action Guy so that Fido can be the Seme.
- Bob complains that Andy, the badass Manly Gay, has changed after they became a couple while Andy dances in a tutu and gets his ass handed to him by a small child. Nobody else has any idea what Bob's talking about.
- It is a rule amongst gay men that all gay couples must at least have one uke or else they must watch Tropers The Movienote .
- Everyone treats Andy as a feminine weakling now that he's with Bob because Bob is more masculine, even while he punches Cthulhu to death.
- Andy gets his bottom card revoked simply because he refuses to wimpify himself just so he could be the uke.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- In a Slash Fic, Andy and Bob behave completely in-character.
- Alternatively, Andy and Bob are OOC for reasons other than to shoehorn them into a dominant/submissive dynamic.
- Enforced: The author is a fan of Yaoi Anime, and so she finds this dynamic easy to work with.
- Andy: Weird, I never saw myself as such a sub before I went out with Bob.
- Invoked: Andy puts on an act of submissiveness to gain Bob's affection.
- Exploited: When Andy is paired with Bob and Wimpified, Andy's archenemy Dylan takes the opportunity to defeat him once and for all.
- Bob firmly puts himself in the submissive role instead to prevent Andy's potential Wimpification.
- Andy refuses to force himself into a submissive role just to please Bob. Bob will accept him for who he is or Andy will refuse to be his boyfriend.
- Discussed: Bob and Andy have an argument about who would be the uke in a fan-fic about them.
- Conversed: Alice's Beta Reader tells her that Andy has been acting a bit OOC in Alice's Slash Fic.
- Reconstructed: The Slash Fic presents an Alternate Character Interpretation of Andy secretly not wanting the Badass leader role, but only being comfortable enough to show it around Bob.
Go back to Wimpification
and cry on the Seme's shoulder.