: A couple conceives their first child very shortly after the wedding
- Straight: Alice and Bob get married and conceive a child on their wedding night.
- Exaggerated: Alice becomes pregnant as soon as she accepts Bob's marriage proposal.
- Downplayed: Alice gets pregnant a half a year after their wedding.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: Alice and Bob hear a knock on the door to their honeymoon suite, and Alice gets out of bed to answer it. When she opens the door, a Delivery Stork hands her a bundle with a baby inside.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: Babies Make Everything Better
- Lampshaded: "Wait...your due date is nine months after your wedding date?"
- Invoked: Traveling across several different time zones has left Alice confused about when to take her pill (not to mention jet-lagged).
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice and Bob decide they don't want children right now (or, perhaps ever), and they rely on a backup method or two.
- Discussed: "Ever since we got on this cruise, Alice has been acting funny."
- Conversed: "Oh, yeah. Marriage is just a magical fertility drug."
- Deconstructed: Marriage itself is a big life change, as is parenthood. Some people just can't handle the double whammy of the two big life changes happening so close together.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob do the best they can to cope with these changes.
- Played For Laughs: Alice and Bob think it's a honeymoon baby, but the kid turns out to be fathered by the stripper from Alice's wild bachelorette party.
- Played For Drama:
- Alice loses the baby.
- Alice and Bob are not emotionally ready to be parents yet and/or spent most of their money on the wedding and can't afford to care for a baby.
Back to Wedding-Enhanced Fertility