: The villain tries to convince the hero to rule together.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz tries to convince Albert in joining him to rule the world.
- Emperor Evulz does this to every good guy who comes his way.
- Even after his evil plans have been foiled millions of times, he's been killed and brought back twice, and Albert has sworn multiple oaths to stop him once and forever and/or kill him, Emperor Evil drones on about how Albert should join him, sometimes going so far as to state what color he thought the mansion would be.
- Emperor Evulz offers to abdicate his throne, with Albert as his successor.
- Downplayed: Emperor Evulz tries to convince Albert to become one of his minions.
- Emperor Evulz believes that the city needs a firm hand to rule it, and that Albert is just the kind of person he's looking for.
- Evulz is Albert's father and still loves him.
- Evulz knows that Albert is the only one who can defeat him, so he wants to keep him under his control.
- Albert takes the initiative and asks Emperor Evulz if he can be co-Emperor, because Evil Is Cool.
- Albert offers Emperor Evulz a position in the Five-Man Band.
- "General Albert Drago, you're fired!"
- Albert is so incompetent that Emperor Evulz specifically asks him not to join him.
- I Can Rule Alone
- Emperor Evulz uses mind control on Albert rather than ask him.
- Emperor Evulz tells someone else that he's going to try and recruit Albert, but then decides not to because Albert isn't competent enough.
- But then gives the offer after the mind control breaks.
- After sharing the cookies to make himself look nice, he tries to convert Albert.
Evulz: "Join me."
Evulz: *Holds up cookies* "But I worked hard on these!"
Evulz: "Join me."
Evulz: "Ever the hero as always—wait, what?"
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Emperor Evulz never gives the offer.
- Enforced: The author practically fell in love with the scene where the Trope Namer ensued, and got a lot of inspiration from there.
- Lampshaded: "Why does everyone ask me to join them?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Emperor Evulz is too selfish and stubborn to share power with anyone.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Evulz decides to manipulate Albert's civilian life in order to convince him to join the bad guys. He gets his friends to hate him, he tricks his girlfriend into thinking that Albert was cheating on her, and he eventually manages to turn Albert into a bitter person.
- Reconstructed: But as Albert is going to Evulz, his friends learn the truth. Right as Evulz is about to take Albert away, they show up in Big Damn Heroes fashion and apologize for falling for Evulz's tricks and convincing Albert that evil isn't the way to go.
- Played For Drama: Evuls had Albert kidnapped and puts him through horrible torture sessions in order to forcefully convince Albert that he must join Evulz.
Join me, troper! We can rule the unabridged version