Playing With: Vodka Drunkenski
Basic Trope: The Russian guy is always portrayed as a drunk whose drink of choice is vodka.
Back to Vodka Drunkenski
- Straight: Ivan Sonovovich drinks six shots of vodka at Carl's Bad Tavern.
- Exaggerated: Ivan drinks an entire bottle of vodka. Oh, and he's on a first-name basis with the bartender.
- Downplayed: Ivan enjoys a few drinks and prefers vodka but doesn't drink excessively.
- Inverted: Ivan is a teetotaler, or at least the Designated Driver for the night. He just orders soda.
- Ivan prefers beer or wine over vodka.
- Ivan prefers mixed drinks over straight liquor.
- Ivan and other characters originally thought that he was Russian, but it turns out when he drinks, he starts speaking with a Russian accent.
- Double Subverted:
- But will happily drink vodka if it's offered.
- Most of which include vodka as a main ingredient.
- Ivan is indeed Russian however, he just doesn't have the accent when he's sober.
- When Ivan walks into Carl's Bad Tavern, the entire bar greets him: "IVAN!!!" and the bartender hands him his "usual."
- Ivan's only form of sustenance is vodka.
- Ivan drinks vodka and it grants him super-strength in a ridiculously over-the-top and comical manner, like some kind of alcohol-powered Popeye!
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Ivan drinks a little, but not very much.
- Ivan is Russian, but he's never had a drink of alcohol in his life.
- Ivan is a drunk, but he's not Russian.
- Enforced: Product Placement to associate a particular brand of vodka with badass Russians.
- Lampshaded: "You Russians are all alike. Get a little vodka in ya and suddenly you think you're Superman. Just look at Ivan over there."
- Invoked: Joe Sonovovich, Ivan's American-born nephew, drinks vodka to get in touch with his Russian heritage.
- Exploited: Some shifty character tries to get Ivan drunk in order to steal possessions and/or secrets from him.
- Defied: Ivan doesn't like vodka, and orders something else.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Everyone in Russia is constantly drunk. This leads to an inefficient workforce and ruined economy. Health problems are also widespread, and there is no money to fund hospitals.
- Reconstructed: And what do they do in response to the hardships of Russian life? Drink, of course! They can't afford hospitals, but vodka is cheap and plentiful and makes you feel less shitty.
- Played For Laughs: Normally Ivan is the voice of reason among his friends, but when he gets drunk, he becomes involved in all sorts of wacky hijinks.
- Played For Drama: Ivan is a really mean drunk who inflicts serious harm on his friends and family.
Back to Vodka Drunkenski