Playing With: Villain Episode
: A villain gets an episode about himself.
- Straight: John finally gets an episode about him.
- Exaggerated: The entire season is about John.
- Downplayed: John gets an episode about him, but he's only in it for about five minutes.
- Justified: The plot of the rest of the season would not make sense without knowing what the villain had done and seen.
- Inverted: John is the good guy in a series with a Villain Protagonist.
- Subverted: John begins the episode as a villain, but does a Heel-Face Turn...
- Double Subverted: ...Only to be reverted back to his villain status.
- Parodied: John has his own episode, but it turns out to be the series finale episode.
- Zig Zagged: John has his little episode in an alternate reality. The good guys are Demoted to Extra and have to spend the rest of the episode regaining their original status. The Hero and John have the Final Battle in which John wins, heroes mourn, credits roll, and a special added scene right after they finish says...John was only dreaming.
- Averted: The bad guys never get the spotlight.
- The producer is a bad guy at heart, and wanna see the villains have a day in the limelight.
- The producers are aware of how popular the villains are with the audience. So in order to increase ratings, they decide to give them their own episode.
- Lampshaded: "Oh look! According to Troper Guide, John will have his own show today!"
- Invoked: The heroes have planted a bug on the villain, and are recording his every move.
- Exploited: The heroes bribe the producers to make an episode following John so that the Unspoken Plan Guarantee will work in their favor.
- Defied: John kills all the camera operators sent to film him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Villain Episode