Playing With: Unholy Matrimony
Basic Trope: A villainous couple.
Go back to Unholy Matrimony here.
- Straight: Evil Elliott is Happily Married to Lilith Badgirl
- Exaggerated: Evil Elliott and Lilith Badgirl are always together, and do everything together. Oh, and Elliott has promised Lilith that she can be his queen when they take over the world.
- Downplayed :
- Justified: Even Evil Has Loved Ones.
- Subverted: Elliott and Lilith are not a couple. They spend a lot of time together, and work together, but they are not an Official Couple. They're just really good friends.
- Double Subverted: But eventually they fall in love.
- Elliott and Lilith have a villainous-style wedding at a Corrupt Church.
- It gets better... Elliott proposed to Lilith by putting the engagement ring in a safe deposit box at a bank they planned to rob later that week.
- The local Bad-Guy Bar is a single's club where Elliott and Lilith first met and shared A Glass of Chianti.
- Zig Zagged:
- Elliott and Lilith start off as an Official Couple. Then Lilith falls for Lance, and has a High Heel-Face Turn. Then she gets tired of being part of the heroes' True Companions and returns to Elliott. This happens several times during the series.
- Elliott only loves Lilith when he has something to gain from her. The rest of the time, he couldn't care less about her.
- Averted: Elliott and Lilith are not a couple, and they never become one.
- Enforced: The author wants to prevent Draco in Leather Pants, so they give the main villain a lover.
- "And take your whorish wife with you to hell, you villainous scum!" "Insult my wife again, and I'll send you there to wait for us."
- "Sharing a lair is a big step for us... You sure you're ready?"
- While out shopping, a chance meeting brings Elliott and Lilith together, and soon they become a couple bent on World Domination.
- Todd Awful, a mutual friend of Elliott and Lilith, introduces the two in the hopes that they'll hit it off. What Todd gains from this is not clear, but Elliott and Lilith are too busy getting ready to paint the town red to question his motives.
- Exploited: The heroes are aware of their love for each other, and kidnaps Evil Elliot, telling Lillith Badgirl to drop their evil plans if she wants to save him.
- Defied: Elliott tries to win Lilith over to his side, but she refuses to be with him.
- Discussed: "Ah, villains in love..."
- Conversed: "Yes, but will they really work out, or are their own goals going to get in the way?"
- Deconstructed: Elliott and Lilith have their own goals, and they both have strong personalities and ambitiously pursue those goals. They may clash, or one may merely be using the other to achieve their own ends.
- Reconstructed: Elliott and Lilith learn to work together and cooperate, and become practically unstoppable. And both achieve their goals. They have the occasional quarrel, but what couple doesn't?
- Played For Laughs: Elliot and Lilith are disgustingly lovey-dovey with each other even as they slaughter a bus full of orphans. Their victims beg them to have mercy of them and kill them quickly, because they can't handle the obnoxious amounts of diabeetus juice!
- Played For Drama:
- Elliot and Lilith have disagreements because their own goals and personalities conflict. Can they work through this and live up to their potential both as villains and as a couple? Or will they break up, no doubt in the most horrible way possible?
- Elliot love for his wife, and cruel atrocities are show us that Elliot has major Moral Myopia.
Go back to Unholy Matrimony here.