: A girl worried that her boyfriend finds out her secret, but he still loves her.
- Straight: Alex discovers that Katie is a werewolf. However, he still loves her.
- Alex discovers that Katie is a murderous savage werewolf. However, he still loves her.
- Katie is Shrinking Violet, and Yandere Stalker with a Crush to Alex. Alex only learn about her love when he discover that Katie has murdered a bully who picked on him. He think Katie's extreme devotion to love is cute, and so he help her dispose the body, then ask her out for date.
- Alex discovered that Katie is a Little Bit Beastly, but isn't turned off by it.
- Although Alex still loves and accepts Katie after learning that she's a werewolf, he still thinks lycanthropy is bad, so he starts researching occult lore to find a cure.
- Alex has darker secrets than Katie's, and expect Katie to accept him in the future the way he accepts her right now.
- Due to a different background, Alex doesn't share the idea that werewolves are Always Chaotic Evil.
- It's all because of The Power of Love.
- Katie discovers that Alex isn't a werewolf, but after some angst realizes she still loves him.
- Alex discovers that Katie is a werewolf... And he runs away while screaming for his life.
- Subverted: It turns out Alex was lying because he didn't want Katie to kill him. After she leaves, he skips town.
- Double Subverted: ...but at the critical moment, he comes back to save her.
- Parodied: Alex discovers that Katie is a geek, but still loves her.
- Zig Zagged: The fact that Katie is a werewolf and Alex isn't drives the Will They or Won't They?.
- Averted: After finding out her werewolf secret, Alex can't find it in his heart to accept her for what she is.
- Enforced: The author is part of the Furry Fandom.
- Lampshaded: Katie remarks that she sure is lucky to be dating the one guy who doesn't have a problem with werewolves.
- Invoked: Alex went out with Katie in the first place because he knows she is a werewolf.
- Exploited: Jane arranged for Alex and Katie to meet so they would help her break the Masquerade.
- Defied: Kate refuses to date anyone.
- Discussed: "What would you do if you were dating someone, and they turned out to have some deep, dark secret?"
- Conversed: "It's actually kinda romantic that Alex would stay with Katie even though she's a mangy dog... Erh... I mean, werewolf, werewolf! I didn't meant to sound racist!"
- Deconstructed: While Alex accepts Katie as she is, most people don't. Alex suffers badly just because he's Katie's boyfriend. Eventually, they break up.
- Reconstructed: Although Alex gets all kind of suffering for being Katie's boyfriend, he knows it isn't her fault and chooses to stay with her.
Back to Understanding Boyfriend