: An crossover fight, confrontation, or comparison.
- Straight: Bob is a Flying Brick in the The Justice Tropers comic book. Alice is a Flying Brick in a recent movie. A crossover work is written in which the two fight one another.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob head entire organizations of superheroes with thousands of members each, and a crossover work is made where the organizations clash.
- Downplayed: Alice tests whether her ice beam is a better power than Bob's laser vision in a friendly Beam-O-War.
- Justified: Bob and Alice have very different goals, and when wormhole timely wimpy suff happens, a fight is inevitable.
- Inverted: Instead of fighting and violence, it's about caring and love. See Crossover Ship.
- Subverted: Bob and Alice get into some heated arguments during their crossover, but don't physically fight. See Evasive Fight Thread Episode.
- Double Subverted: But the one argument goes too far.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob are in a serious, climatic fight during their crossover, but who wins? Batman.
- Zig Zagged: The crossover work looks like it's going to have a fight between Alice and Bob, but then it doesn't happen. They do compare similar powers though, and another pair of heroes in the work play the trope straight.
- Averted: The work is not a crossover.
- Enforced: "Look guys. Alice and Bob are popular heroes. If we make a crossover and have them fight, we could ride the fanboy debate to make a lot of money."
- Lampshaded: "Alice and Bob are both heroes. Why are they trying to kill each other?"
- Invoked: Alice and Bob are forced to fight each other by a being on a higher plane of existence called Pro Ducer, motivated by the clamor of the Fann Basee tribe as to who would win.
- Exploited: A villain manipulates the crossed-over heroes to fight each other so the villain will have their opponents gone once and for all.
- Defied: Alice and Bob consciously avoid arguments and fighting with each other during their crossover, knowing it would be beneficial to the villains.
- Discussed: "Alice vs. Bob! Woohoo! And the Fandom Rejoiced!"
- Conversed: "Look at Alice and Bob over there. I bet Alice would win."
- Implied: Alice and Bob get into an argument one night. The next day, when Bob is seemingly gone, Alice is oddly cynical with her team abut a search and rescue operation yielding a live Bob.
Have you ever wondered who would win in a fight? If you do, head over to the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
tournament on the west side.