Playing With: Tyop on the Cover
: A cover with a typo.
- Straight: The cover of The Troping Time Travelers says "The Troping Time Tarvelers".
- Exaggerated: The cover says "Teh Tripon Taim Tarvelrd".
- Downplayed: The British version sometimes forgets to change "Travelers" to "Travellers".
- A meaningful misspelling in the title done on purpose is not this trope, but an Inherited Illiteracy Title.
- The cover is designed as to look like it was made by a character that doesn't spell very well.
- Inverted: The title on the cover, The Troping Time Tarvelers, is the correct title, but the creators often misspell the title as "The Troping Time Travelers" other places.
- Subverted: It looks like a typo, but the creators explain that it was on purpose because the Troping Time Travelers spell really badly, and that their actual name is "Troping Time Tarvelers".
- Double Subverted: But it turns out to be a retcon.
- Parodied: The film's tagline is "Taime travelerz can't spel, an neithere cna we".
- Zig Zagged: Some versions of the cover misspell the title, but not all covers do. The creators can't agree with themselves which spelling is correct.
- The cover spells everything correctly.
- The cover has so little text there's essentially nothing to misspell. All misspellings of the title are considered correct for some reason.
- The creators aren't proficient in English.
- The cover was created in a hurry.
- Lampshaded: The cover also says, "Trust us, our movie-making skills are much better than our spelling".
- Invoked: Someone purposely messes up the spelling, hoping to ruin the film's chance of success.
- Exploited: "If we make sure to spell our title correctly, in contrast to those 'Time Tarvelers', we'll attract all the intelligent people."
- The creators make sure to get good proofreaders that prevent this kind of mistake.
- Timmy breaks the fourth wall to correct the title.
- Discussed: "I hope they manage to spell our title correctly, otherwise we'll look stupid."
- Conversed: "If they can't even spell 'traveler', how are they supposed to make a decent movie?"
Bakc to Tyop on the Cover