: Someone who moves someplace exotic and beachy.
- Straight: Alice and Bob buy a beach house on Tahiti and live there permanently.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob are always seen on the beach by their new house in beach/tourist attire, drinking fruity cocktails, and never working.
- Downplayed: ???
- Alice and Bob went to escape the authorities and found they liked where they escaped to.
- Alice and Bob are retired, and want to make the most of it, because, hey, they've earned it!
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are originally from Hawaii, but moved to Alaska.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob have a beach house, but don't live there all the time.
- Double Subverted: Except during the winter months.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob live with their beachwear, chaise lounges, cocktails, steel drum music, leis, etc....on a Farside Island.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob don't live on a tropical island.
- Enforced: This is the author's Escapist Fantasy.
- Lampshaded: "I see the Snowbirds have flown south for the winter..."
- Invoked: Alice and Bob buy a beach house in Tahiti.
- Exploited: ???
- Alice and Bob decide it's not worth juggling two mortgages or going through all the red tape needed to get a beach house in Tahiti, so they don't buy one.
- Alice and Bob decide that visiting Tahiti is OK, but they don't want to live there.
- Discussed: "Alice and Bob have a great life on the beach!"
- Conversed: "I wish I had a house like that!"
- Deconstructed: Life isn't all Hula and Luaus, even in these tropical locations. They either need a large sum of money in their savings account, or a steady job to afford living there. And if they went there to escape the law, the law can still find them. Also, getting the beach house in the first place isn't always easy.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob have everything they need, so they can enjoy their new life.
- Played For Laughs: Gilligan Cut to Alice and Bob's beach house... While all the other characters are freezing their butts off in the middle of a blizzard... And very jealous.
- Played For Drama: Alice and Bob lose everything in a typhoon.
Back to Tropical Epilogue