: Two girls act as foils
for one another, one being rather boyish while the other is more feminine.
- Straight: Alice likes pink, wears makeup fairly often, and listens to pop music. Casey plays baseball, wears jeans that are often grass-stained and doesn't go through the trouble to put on makeup, and likes rock music.
- Exaggerated: Alice is a Lipstick Lesbian, Casey is a Butch Lesbian, and they're a couple.
- Alice and Casey are both very active and tomboyish, yet Casey into more aggressive sports, such as American football, while Alice is into more feminine sports, such as gymnastics.
- Occasionally, Light Feminine and Dark Feminine
- Justified: People naturally have different tastes, and while the two are different, Alice and Casey share a few interests together.
- Inverted: Sensitive Guy and Manly Man
- Subverted: Alice is One of the Boys, but her friend turns out to be a rather effeminate male.
- Double-Subverted: ...Who then becomes a Gender Bender, and regarding the First Law of Gender-Bending, stays that way.
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Casey switch roles as to who is the "tomboy" and who is the "Girly Girl" at any given time, depending on the day/episode.
- Alice is the only person in the story. She is neither particularly boyish, nor is she at all "girly".
- The cast has no girls.
- Alice and Casey are both your typical girly girl.
- Enforced: The creator wanted to appeal to a wide range of interest, so the show has girls with different tastes.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Tomboy and Girly Girl