: Toilets and related bodily functions used as a source of (usually lowbrow) humor.
- Straight: Bob farts.
- Exaggerated: Every single joke is derived from toilets and related bodily functions.
- Downplayed: Bob makes a fart joke, though no actual farting is shown.
- Justified: Bob suffers from flatulence issues.
- Inverted: Detectives find a dead woman in the bathroom; the bathroom is there, but the humor is not.
- Subverted: Bob's farting is treated more as a Moral Event Horizon crossover.
- Double Subverted: But then becomes a funny anecdote later on.
- Parodied: Bob farts a tune of some sort, and the entire elevator starts singing along, only to keel over from the gas.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Nobody Poops, Bottomless Bladder.
- Lampshaded: Great, just what we need: a fart joke.
- Invoked: Bob farts, and everyone starts laughing at him.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Nobody laughs at bodily functions, and the people who carry out said bodily functions leave the room to do so.
- Discussed: Fart jokes: they've been done to death!
- Conversed: Maybe so, but they're funny!
- Implied: Bob eats several burritos. It's never shown, but it's implied the results weren't pretty...
- Deconstructed: After age 7 or so (perhaps earlier for girls, who are expected to be more polite and refined than their Spear Counterpart), this sort of stuff is seen as immature, rude, and disgusting.
- Reconstructed: There are times when it's OK to joke about this stuff, and times when it's not. As long as everyone knows which it is...
- Played For Drama:
- Bob gets a kick out of farting for people's amusement, but it embarrasses and disgusts his girlfriend, Alice. He must choose between his love or the attention she gets.
- Alternatively, Potty Emergency of which Potty Failure would be a particularly embarrassing result, like say, at work.
Back to Toilet Humour