'''Basic Trope''': A character is shot in the brain and survives with little or no effects on his vitality.
* '''Straight''': Alex is shot in the head at close range. It was just a scratch and he's merely slightly injured.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alex is shot several times in his head but he survives it. He is not even brought to the hospital, and he continues on his quest for justice.
* '''Downplayed''': Alex is shot in the head. He survives, but it puts him into a coma, and when he awakes, he's paralyzed and lost the ability to speak.
* '''Justified''': A combination of low velocity and impact angle resulted in the bullet failing to penetrate the skull, resulting in a concussion but not death.
* '''Inverted''': Alex is shot in the head. [[DefeatEqualsExplosion His whole body explodes]].
* '''Subverted''': Alex, a prominent character, is shot in the head at half of the movie. He's brought to the hospital and doctors are hopeful, but he dies almost immediately.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alex, TheHero, is shot in the head. He's brought to the hospital and doctors are hopeful, but he's put into a coma. Doctors then think there are very small chances he will ever wake up. But he does wake up soon, and continues with his quest immediately.
* '''Parodied''': Alex gets half his [[ChunkySalsaRule head shot off]] by a bullet, and shrugs it off like nothing happened.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alex is shot in the head at close range and he dies instantly.
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': "How could you possibly survive that?" -- "It's just a scratch. I am a hero, I cannot die so soon."
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': The one who made the headshot, [[DoubleTap did it again to be sure.]]
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Have you noticed that some characters are so badass that they seem to survive having their brains shot out?"
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alex gets shot in the head. The bullet bounces off his head back to sender.
* '''Implied''': Alex being shot at close range was never shown, but he has his head bandaged. The audience concludes that the villain must have shot him in the head.
Back to TisOnlyABulletInTheBrain
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???