Playing With: 'Tis Only a Bullet in the Brain
: A character is shot in the brain and survives without the use of .
- Straight: Alex is shot in the head at close range. It was just a scratch and he's merely slightly injured.
- Exaggerated: Alex is shot several times in his head but he survives it. He is not even brought to the hospital, and he continues on his quest for justice.
- Downplayed: Alex is shot in the head. He survives, but it puts him into a coma, and when he awakes, he's paralyzed and lost the ability to speak.
- Inverted: Alex is shot in the head. His whole body explodes.
- Subverted: Alex, a prominent character, is shot in the head at half of the movie. He's brought to the hospital and doctors are hopeful, but he dies almost immediately.
- Double Subverted: Alex, The Hero, is shot in the head. He's brought to the hospital and doctors are hopeful, but he's put into a coma. Doctors then think there are very small chances he will ever wake up. But he does wake up soon, and continues with his quest immediately.
- Parodied: Alex gets half his head shot off by a bullet, and shrugs it off like nothing happened.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alex is shot in the head at close range and he dies instantly.
- Enforced: ???
- "How could you possibly survive that?" — "It's just a scratch. I am a hero, I cannot die so soon."
- "Go ahead, try it! My head is Made Of Diamond!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The one who made the headshot, did it again to be sure.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Have you noticed that some characters are so badass that they seem to survive having their brains shot out?"
- Played For Laughs: Alex gets shot in the head. The bullet bounces off his head back to sender.
- Implied: Alex being shot at close range was never shown, but he has his head bandaged. The audience concludes that the villain must have shot him in the head.
Back to 'Tis Only a Bullet in the Brain