: A man dates a woman much taller than him.
- Straight: Bob, a 5'7 tall man dates Alice, a 6'6 tall woman.
- Exaggerated: Bob, being only six inches, dates Alice, a 30 foot tall woman.
- Downplayed: Bob, a 5'9 tall man dates Alice, a 6'0 tall woman.
- Alice is very tall, so most of the men she dates are shorter than her.
- Alice and Bob are members of a race or nonhuman species of which females are usually bigger than males.
- Bob finds tall women to be especially attractive.
- Inverted: Huge Guy, Tiny Girl.
- Subverted: Alice seems to be much taller than her boyfriend Bob, but that's because she wears high heels.
- Double Subverted:
- ...but Bob also wears insoles in his shoes that make him look taller.
- Alternatively: Yes, Alice wears heels, but any heels that could cause that kind of height difference would be impossible for Alice to walk in.
- Parodied: Charlie (6'8) walks around in a crouch all the time because Alice likes to be the tall one in any couple.
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob date throughout their adolescence, so their relative heights change.
- Averted: Bob and Alice have similar height.
- Enforced: "Now how do we get a bit of Marshmallow Hell into the show?" "The actress playing Alice a head taller than the actor playing Bob. Why not ship them?" "Good idea. Glad I Thought of It."
- Lampshaded: "I'm so glad that I can finally can hang out with a guy who doesn't mind being shorter than me!"
- Invoked: Bob wants tall children.
- Exploited: When Alice and Bob are arranging to meet Carol and Dave in person for the first time, instead of sending pictures, they just say, "Look for the big girl snogging the little guy."
- Defied: Bob rejects the much taller Alice's advances because of her height.
- Discussed: "Hey, Bob — doesn't it bother you, being so short compared to Alice?"
- Conversed: "You know, I thought that they would be making jokes about how much taller Alice was than Bob, but they never mentioned it."
- Deconstructed: Bob develops an inferiority complex due to Alice's height and people's constant mock of them. Alice, noticing that Bob is unhappy, decides to break up with him, even if the relationship was great.
- Reconstructed: Bob and Alice are the kind of people who consider traditional gender roles unimportant.
Back to Tiny Guy, Huge Girl