Playing With: The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter
: An unattractive man has a much more attractive daughter.
- Straight: Bob, who looks weird, introduces his daughter Alice, who is quite pretty.
- Exaggerated: Alice is the prettiest girl in the entire world, while Bob's appearance can accurately be described as "fascinatingly ugly".
- Alice, while better-looking than her father, is average.
- Alternatively, Alice is very beautiful, but her father isn't ugly, just average/plain-looking.
- Justified: Alice is adopted, so there's no reason for them to look similar.
- Inverted: Bob is handsome, Alice is ugly.
- Gender Inverted:
- Mother Bonnie is incredibly gorgeous while her son Alan makes you question Bonnie's taste in men.
- Bonnie is a ridiculously grotesque looking woman, but her son Alan is so stunningly attractive that Even the Guys Want Him.
- Subverted: Bob says that Alice is beautiful - but is only being a proud father, and Alice doesn't look very pretty at all.
- Double Subverted: ...His other daughter, however, is really gorgeous.
- Parodied: Bob appears to be an entirely different species than Alice, one much less attractive by human standards.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: There isn't any noticeable difference in Bob and Alice's attractiveness - they're both pretty, ugly, or average-looking in the same degree.
- Enforced: The only actors that the director likes for the roles of Bob and Alice are vastly different in their attractiveness.
- Lampshaded: "Gosh, Bob looks weird - that daughter of his must be beautiful to make up for it!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: A character deliberately befriends ugly-looking men, hoping they'll be able to meet the obviously hot daughters.
- Defied: Bob makes sure the mother is just as ugly as him, so his daughter doesn't have to face the awkward situation of looking very different from him.
- Discussed: "Look how ugly Bob is. How much you want to bet he has a hot daughter, like the ugly guys in TV shows?"
- Conversed: "That casting director must have been blind - the father and daughter look nothing like!"
- Implied: Bob introduces his daughter Alice - she remains off-screen, but we see the reaction of another character who is clearly smitten with her.
- Alice notices the discrepancy between her and her father's looks, and starts to doubt if Bob really is her father.
- People make fun of Bob whenever Alice brings him up, leading her to go to extreme lengths to make sure no one ever finds out about him.
- Alice finds a picture of her mother, who she clearly inherited her good looks from.
- Screw what everyone else says, Alice loves her father and is proud of him, despite his appearance.
- Played For Laughs: A character does a spit-take when they see how pretty Alice is compared to her father.
- Played For Drama: Bob has a hard time convincing people that Alice is really his daughter, so everyone thinks he's being a creep when he picks her up from school, takes her out to restaurants, etc.
Back to The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter