: An actor is replaced by another actor in the same role.
- Straight: An actor is replaced with another actor in the same role
- The character gets a new actor more than once
- Actors gets replaced, one by one, until the whole cast has different actors
- Downplayed: The Man in a Rubber Suit has a different actor, but no one can see the change.
- Justified: The role is a type of The Nth Doctor, Code Name or something else where the actual character is changing as well.
- Inverted: A new role is played by the same actor as an existing one, and both characters stay on.
- Subverted: The cast change only lasted for an episode before returning to the original cast
- Double Subverted: Only for the change to happen again permanently in a later episode.
- Parodied: The other characters comment that the character's voice has changed.
- Zig Zagged: The series switches back and forth with several different casts that were used
- Averted: The series reprises all of its actors for future roles
- The original actor died, was fired, or just was unavailable to reprise his role. (for any reason, ranging from jailtime to working on other projects)
- The original considers the role an Old Shame and doesn't want to be associated with it anymore.
- The audience or executives think the original actor isn't a good fit for the role, or the production company didn't have enough money to bring back the original actor.
- Lampshaded: An announcer is brought on to tell viewers of the cast change.
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The producers opt for The Character Died with Him if the original actor died or simply remove the character from the show if other reasons are to blame for the original actor's absence.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Other Darrin