: A villain dislikes or hates the idea of someone else defeating the hero
- Straight: Doc-sci saves Electric Man from another villain, when asked why, (s)he says that (s)he wants to be the one who to defeat him.
- Exaggereated: Doc-sci doesn't want anyone else to defeat Electric Man, not even his/her own minions.
- Doc-sci will let other villains defeat Electric Man as along as (s)he feels they are worthy of respect.
- Doc-sci will let others defeat Electric Man if they buy his/her weapons first to do the job.
- Doc-sci is a very envious person who can't see others living out his/her dreams.
- It has been prophesied that Electric Man's defeat at the hands of Doc-sci, will lead to the later's complete and irrevocable conquest of the world. HOWEVER, it's also been predicted, that if someone else manages to slay Electric Man, Doc-sci's humiliating downfall will be guaranteed, so he must stop anyone from doing so to prevent his/her own demise and secure his/her triumph.
- Doc-sci wants Electric Man to be the one who kills or defeats him/her and no one else.
- Doc-sci is a sore-loser except for when (s)he loses to Electric Man.
- Doc-sci doesn't want to fight anyone but Electric Man, no matter how many allies Electric Man has.
- Doc-sci refuses to fight Electric Man and does everything he can to encourage other villains to fight him instead.
- Subverted: It turns out Doc-sci was lying and was really setting him up for another trap that involves Jay J. finishing him off.
- Double Subverted: But then Doc-sci realizes (s)he should be the one killing him, not Jay J. and kills Jay J., saying "I've worked too hard for this, trying to defeat him. This is MY reward, not yours!"
- Parodied: Doc-sci acts more like a jealous lover than an enemy, going into hissy fits whenever another villain even approaches Electric Man. On his own time, Doc-sci likes to imagine romanticized showdowns and battles.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The villain doesn't care if someone else defeats the hero as long as (s)he's out of the way.
- Enforced: The writers don't want to have the hero Killed Off for Real. So they try to have a Villainous Rescue with this trope as his/her justification.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Coversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Electric Man was Doc-sci's first love (whether reciprocated or not). As a result, Doc-sci has backwards notions about what it truly means to be in love and views fighting other villains as the same as cheating, only to become a total yandere and drive Electric Man away.
- Played For Drama: Doc-sci, after years of fighting Electric Man, has fallen for him and is in some serious denial. This causes her/him to not want to see him get hurt yet at the same time intentionally hurt him her/himself.
Back to The Only One Allowed to Defeat You