: A Love Interest
who constantly misunderstands
her lover's behavior and treats him terribly until the ending.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are dating. However, Alice is a Tsundere who leaps to all the wrong conclusions about Bob's behavior and keeps punishing him for her misinterpretations of his actions. She teases, insults and belittles him, yet in the end, after many misunderstandings, they finally marry.
- Exaggerated: Practically everything Alice says to Bob is either an insult or an outraged scream. She's always punching or slapping him for whatever his latest perceived transgression is. When he's sent on a vital mission to Save The World, she keeps calling just to whine about how he's 'neglecting' her. But when his journey's complete, they happily reunite and live Happily Ever After.
- Downplayed: Alice doesn't understand Bob's goals at first, and tries to dissuade him, but comes around when he makes it clear that he'll give her up before he'll give up his goals.
- Justified: Bob is a Love Martyr who willingly sticks with Alice despite the constant abuse and scorn.
- Inverted: Alice is very helpful to Bob.
- Subverted: It's all an act to protect Bob from Alice's enemies, and Alice is quite doting when she's sure that she and Bob are alone.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Eva takes advantage of Alice's behavior by sympathizing with Bob about how frustrating his girlfriend is, offering a more understanding alternative.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Alice's abusive and grating behavior makes Bob question whether it's worth sticking around with somebody who shows him No Sympathy or empathy. Eventually, he can't take it any longer and breaks it off.
- Alice keeps reading the worst into Bob's behavior because she was badly hurt in the past, and is terrified of going through the same thing with him. It's made all the worse because she does love him, far more deeply and passionately than she wants to — and that attachment makers her all the more paranoid about losing him.
- Played For Drama: Bob's work is hard enough, yet his girlfriend Alice just never seems to cut him a break, always taking the worst possible interpretation of his actions.
Back to The Obstructive Love Interest