: Keeping up the masquerade is bad for relationships.
- Straight: Bob breaks up with Alice from the stress of keeping up his identity as The Egregious Trope-Man.
- Exaggerated: Every girl Bob fancies ends up dumped.
- Downplayed: While keeping up the relationship keeps things strained Alice and Bob still stay together.
- Inverted: Keeping up the masquerade ends up helping him out in relationships. The aloofness makes him seem cool and while he may spend less time with Alice from it their relationship is actually strengthened due to making use of the time they have before Bob is "on call".
- Subverted:Bob is about to break up with Alice, then he tells the truth instead...
- Double Subverted:...and then Alice dumps Bob for lying all this time.
- Parodied: Keeping up the masquerade requires Bob to wear a pocket protector and coke bottle glasses at all times.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The masquerade has no impact on Bob's dating life.
- Enforced: The relationships end up consuming the plot and viewed negatively. Executive Meddling forces a cut..
- Lampshaded: "Damn it! Why do monsters always attack only on date night?"
- Invoked: Dima specifically arranges this for Bob to preserve his Virgin Power whether he wants to or not.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Masquerade Will Kill Your Dating Life