Playing With: The Heavy
Basic Trope: A villain who may or may not be the Big Bad drives the plot.
Back to The Heavy
- Straight: General Drake drives the plot of the story, but Emperor Evulz is the real main villain who works from the shadows.
- Exaggregated: Evulz is only seen glaring menacingly at the heroes from his omnious fortress of doom while Drake reveals that he's Bob's father, stabs Alice in the back, holds all the MacGuffins in said fortress of doom, curb-stomps Charlie, and commands various forces of darkness against the heroes- all in the name of his master.
- Downplayed: Evulz and Drake are equal partners. However while Evulz has more influence, Drake has more screen time.
- Justified: Evulz might be a strategic mastermind, but physically, he's a frail, weak opponent who depends on General Drake to complete whatever missions he needs to do.
- Inverted: Sir Tropesalot drives the plot, and Drake is only one of his obstacles.
- Subverted: Evulz is revealed to not actually exist. He was merely a construct created by Drake that was meant to divert the heroes' attention so he could further his own goals.
- Double Subverted: Evulz is just that good at keeping his existence hidden. Now that the heroes think that he doesn't exist and have focused their efforts on stopping Drake, he can scheme and plot more freely again.
- Parodied: The Heavy is literally driving the plot - the plot is a truck.
- Zig Zagged: The Heavy has the most lines, but is all Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness which has little to no effect on the plot.
- Averted: The Heavy is not in the story.
- Enforced: "Okay, we need a Darth Vader Clone, so we need to give them a lot of lines too!"
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Heavy