Playing With: The Cutie
Basic Trope: A good character who is cute and generally nice, and whom the audience ends up liking.
Back to The Cutie
- Straight: Bob is an adorable and charming little boy that plays with a puppy. Everyone wants to hug him.
- Exaggerated: Bob even Tastes Like Diabetes.
- Downplayed: Bob is a tween character with a cast full of grown ups who's pretentious and haughty to everyone except his dog, whom he dotes on, and is such an Adorably Precocious Child.
- Justified: ???
- Bob is an asshole that pokes people with sticks. Nobody likes him.
- Bob is an ugly wangsty douche. He does not have that many fans.
- Subverted: Bitch in Sheep's Clothing.
- Double Subverted: Bob is closer to 'mischievous scamp' than jerkass. His antics are mostly innocuous, and actually kinda endearing.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob is bipolar and acts all cheerful and sweet during his manic phases.
- Averted: Bob isn't especially kind, nor optimistic, nor cute.
- Enforced: ???
- "He is always so kind and so cheerful... don't you sometimes want to punch him ? It must be so hard to take for you..."
- "Is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression Bob was a puppy in a previous life?"
- Invoked: Deliberately Cute Child
- Exploited: The show takes place on a reality t.v. show island where the audience votes for the winner. Bob deliberately acts cute in order to win.
- Defied: "Do you picture me spending my days being all happy and cute and everything ? People would talk."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Eventually, Bob grows up, his personality develops beyond "cute", and he works instead of playing with a puppy.
- Reconstructed: Bob grows up but he never outgrows his "baby face" or his sweetheart personality, and he plays with his now-grown dog in the park after work.
Back to The Cutie