: The peacekeeping and "spiritual" aspect of the Five-Man Band
. By tradition this role is female, the token girl
- Straight: Amy is the peacekeeper and balances out the other members' aggressive behaviour.
- Exaggerated: Amy lives a world full of (probably pretty) men and is basically Jesus to them.
- Downplayed: Amy is capable of fighting, but her primary role is keeping the team together.
- Subverted: Amy is introduced as a girl who wears extremely girly clothes and really cute pigtails but in episode 2 we find out that she's a Girly Bruiser who argues with the rest of the group.
- Double Subverted: ... until she learns An Aesop about the importance of teamwork and dedicates herself to not only being useful on the field, but also calming arguments among the band members.
- Parodied: A pink neon sign proclaiming 'The Chick' hovers over Amy's head.
- Zig Zagged: Amy looks cute, but turns out to be a Little Miss Badass who just happens to have feminine interests. Fan Dumb still depicts her as a useless girly-girl who gets in the way of their Ho Yay, and she doesn't get any action figures, only dolls with a pimped-out wardrobe. Around the series's third season, however, she takes another few levels in badass and gets recognized as an Action Girl, complete with Adrenaline Makeover (despite how she didn't ''need'' one in the first place).
- Averted: Every teammate has a chick trait in them, so there's no definite "chick".
- The executives want at least one Token Girl thrown into the mix.
- In this Yaoi Action series, a quarter in to the series, the producers decide to put in Amy as a Self Insert Ascended Fangirl.
- Lampshaded: "Sometimes I feel like the guys recruited me just to have someone mediate their cock fighting".
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Amy doesn't want to seem like a Girly Girl, so she tries to bulk up to fit in with the boys.
- Conversed: "You know how TV Shows usually have girls be the peacekeeper? Why is that?"
- Discussed: "Why do I have to be the one who spends more time resolving disputes in the group than battling?" "Because that's your role."
- Amy becomes sick and tired of being with four disgusting boys and leaves the group.
- The boys treat Amy differently because of her gender, thinking of her only as "the Girl" and dismissing her opinion. Naturally, this creates a rift in the team that further reinforces the gender barrier, until Amy finally snaps and calls them out.
- Amy joins a five female band where she is the lone Girly Girl in a group of Tomboys.
- The boys agree to take her advice and let her arbitrate their disputes, but she's still just 'the girl'.
- Played For Laughs:
- The cast is filled with muscle-bound tough guys... Save for Amy, who provides an amusing contrast with the hulking heroes.
- The guys literally act like babies and Amy has to feed them with their baby-bottles, clean up all their messes and stop them before they do something stupidly lethal. Hilarity ensues.
- Played For Drama: Amy's discriminated for being female in a man's battle.
Back to The Chick
before your manly teammates kill each other.