: An attack that is very annoying, hard to dodge, and/or does huge damage.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz has a giant laser which requires pinpoint timing to dodge and does lots of damage.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz has a near impossible-to-dodge attack which is a One-Hit Kill for the entire team.
- Downplayed': Evulz's Laser is hard-to-dodge, but with a few buffs it can easily be taken without taking critical damage.
- Inverted: One of Emperor Evulz's attacks fires a small orb that does very little damage and moves slowly. This was put in by the developer to give the player a breather.
- Subverted: Emperor Evulz charges up like he's gonna do something really good, but then shoots an easy-to-dodge orb that only does one damage...
- Double Subverted: ... followed by a huge barrage of faster ones which are guided.
- Parodied: Emperor Evulz's finger poke is That One Attack.
- Zig-Zagged: That aforementioned barrage has really poor range.
- Averted: No boss has a particularly powerful attack.
- Enforced: Let's trick the player into thinking they have beat Evulz, then he breaks out the big guns.
- Lampshaded: "WAHAHAHAHA!!! Prepare to lose a life, sucker!"
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz tries to obtain powerful magic to destroy our heroes.
- Exploited: The Man Behind the Man observes Evulz using this attack, and decides Evulz is the right person to absorb power from.
- Emperor Evulz powers down the attack, so he can do a variety of decent ones instead.
- The heroes sabotage Evulz's power sources, so his laser rather embarrassingly fizzles out moments before he would toast the heroes.
- Discussed: "I'll shoot you with my Mikuru Beam!"
- Conversed: "That sure is a hard attack, eh, Alice?"
- Deconstructed: Emperor Evulz's giant laser of doom does indeed do a ton of damage and is hard-to-dodge, but it drains all his power and leaves him a sitting duck afterwards.
- Reconstructed: Fortunately for him, he has an alternative source of power he can use to charge himself back up as many times as necessary.
- Plotted a Good Waste: There is plenty of Gameplay and Story Integration, including attacks. The difficult move seems like it would be impressive for the story, but by the time it's revealed, the heroes find it is only used against them by Evulz who felt they were the only ones who deserved to see his true power.
Back to That One Attack