: An attack that is very annoying, hard to dodge, and/or does huge damage.
- Straight: Emperor Evulz has a giant laser which requires pinpoint timing to dodge and does lots of damage.
- Exaggerated: Emperor Evulz has a near impossible-to-dodge attack which is a One-Hit Kill for the entire team.
- Downplayed': Evulz's Laser is quite powerful, but not ridiculously.
- Justified: Evulz is frightened you are almost beating him, so he uses his strongest magic.
- Inverted: One of Emperor Evulz shoots a small orb that does very little damage and moves slowly, this was put in by the developer to give the player a breather.
- Subverted: Emperor Evulz charges up like he's gonna do something really good, but then shoots an easy to dodge orb that only does one damage...
- Double Subverted: ...followed by a huge barrage of faster ones which are guided.
- Parodied: Emperor Evulz's finger poke is That One Attack.
- Zig Zagged That after mentioned barrage has really poor range.
- Averted: No boss has a particularly powerful attack
- Enforced: Lets trick the player into thinking they have beat Evulz, then he breaks out the big guns.
- Lampshaded: "WAHAHAHAHA!!! Prepare to lose a life, sucker!"
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz tries to obtain powerful magic to destroy our heroes.
- Exploited: The Man Behind the Man observes Evulz using this attack, and decides Evulz is the right person to absorb power from.
- Defied: Emporer Evulz power down the attack, so he can do a variety of decent ones instead.
- Discussed: "I'll shoot you with my Mikuru Beam!"
- Conversed: "That sure is a hard attack, eh, Alice?"
- Deconstructed: Emperor Evulz's giant laser of doom does indeed do a ton of damage and is hard to dodge, but it drains all his power and leaves him a sitting duck afterwards.
- Reconstructed: Fortunately for him, he has an alternative source of power he can use to charge himself back up as many times as necessary.
Back to That One Attack