: The heroine is noticeably more talented than the hero.
- Straight: Princess Alice can dance, paint, and kick butt, while Prince Bob has no unique skills.
- Exaggerated: Princess Alice has every talent imaginable, including skills she doesn't even need, while Bob can do basically nothing.
- Downplayed: Bob's pretty talented... it's just that Alice tends to be a bit better than him.
- Princess Alice has a team of tutors and instructors who taught her everything she knows, while Bob is a peasant and doesn't have access to, or can't afford, that kind of thing.
- Alice has lived a sheltered life and had to do something to entertain herself.
- Inverted: Bob is incredibly talented and Alice isn't.
- Double Subverted: But then Alice discovers skills she didn't know she had, and kicks the Big Bad's ass, outdoing Bob again.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged:
- Averted: Bob and Alice are both equally talented or untalented.
- Enforced: Girls Need Role Models.
- Lampshaded: "You're such a showoff, Alice."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Prince Bob is in an Arranged Marriage with Princess Alice. When he hears how vastly talented she is, he immediately begins brushing up on his own skills to impress her.
- Discussed: "Alice and Bob don't belong together. She's so much better than him at everything."
- Conversed: "Wow, Bob sure is pathetic compared to Alice."
- Deconstructed: The talented Princess Alice is engaged to the drab and untalented Prince Bob. Charlie, who is just as talented as Alice, is jealous of Bob because he thinks he's much better for Alice.
Go back to Talented Princess, Regular Guy