'''Basic Trope''': Some form of entertainment takes a potshot at some other form of entertainment.
* '''Straight''': ''AliceAndBob'', a sitcom, makes fun of the plotlines of ''Troperz'', another sitcom, in one episode.
* '''Exaggerated''': Every episode from ''Alice and Bob'' is a potshot at one thing or another.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Alice and Bob'' do two jokes against ''Troperz'', but that's it.
** ''Alice and Bob'' and ''Troperz'' air on different networks but compete for the same demographic, so there's some rivalry between the producers.
** The producers of the two shows are friends who enjoy a little good-natured ribbing now and again.
** They genuinely compliment ''Troperz''.
* '''Subverted''': A line that seems like a "take that" really isn't...
* '''Double Subverted''': ...but they just said that to get the other show out of their hair.
* '''Parodied''': After a while, ''Alice and Bob'' starts to make fun of ''how much it makes fun'' of other shows.
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** That really wasn't a "take that". Or was it? No, it really wasn't.
** At the end of one episode, an ''Alice and Bob'' character insults ''Troperz''. He apologizes in the next episode ... [[HypocriticalHumor then insults]] ''[[HypocriticalHumor Troperz]]'' [[HypocriticalHumor AGAIN]]. He apologizes at the end of that episode. He's sorry for real.
* '''Averted''': ''Alice and Bob'' don't take potshots at the competition.
* '''Enforced''': "Hey, we're [[DuelingShows competing]] with ''Troperz'', so let's make fun of them all the time ... that'll show them!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Wow, we've been making fun of them a lot, haven't we?"
* '''Invoked''': A writer from ''Troperz'' takes a potshot at ''Alice and Bob'', so a war of Take Thats is started.
* '''Exploited''': The network airing ''Alice and Bob'' decides to use the war to boost its ratings.
* '''Defied''': Despite many opportunities to do so, the writers of ''Alice and Bob'' decide to take the high road and avoid making fun of their competitors.
* '''Discussed''': "[[GenreSavvy If we were characters on a TV sitcom]], how would we while away our spare time?" "Ridiculing our inferior, yet inexplicably more popular, competition?" "My thoughts exactly."
* '''Conversed''': "I used to like ''Alice and Bob'', but they aren't even trying to come up with original and creative ideas. They're just jealous that ''Troperz'' has become the highest-rated show in Tropendom and want to cut the competition down rather than build themselves up. That's not a substitute for being funny!"
* '''Implied''': Larry, a character on ''Troperz'', mentions feeling mortally wounded when he saw last night's new episode of ''Alice and Bob''.
* '''Deconstructed''': The fans of ''Troperz'' aren't laughing. The producers of ''Troperz'' decide to sue and they win in court. ''Alice and Bob'' is cancelled. (The last episode ends with one of the main characters saying "[[PrecisionFStrike FUCK]] YOU, ''TROPERZ''!" while blowing up a statue of the protagonist of ''Troperz''.)
* '''Reconstructed''': The fans of ''Troperz'' find it very funny and start regularly tuning in, building a new audience.
* '''Played For Laughs''': The writers of ''Alice and Bob'' cook up 3,718 different Take Thats at ''Troperz'' (72 of which are aired), and the producers of ''Troperz'' do not notice any of them.
* '''Played For Drama''': A group of fans of ''Troperz'' beat up the writers of ''Alice and Bob'' for making fun of their favorite show. This starts a ''literal'' war between ''Alice and Bob'' and ''Troperz''. As the conflicts between the two shows begin to increase, the network airing ''Alice and Bob'' and the network airing ''Troperz'' start taking desperate measures to keep the peace, all of which fail.
You probably need a link right here to take you back to TakeThat, don't you?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???