Playing With: Sweet Tooth
: A character really likes sweets
- Straight: Candy loves sweets. She eats sweets every evening.
- Candy eats nothing but sweets.
- When Candy eats sweets, she eats until she vomits... then eats more because she's no longer full.
- Everyone eats nothing but sweets.
- Candy eats quite a bit of sweets, but rarely outside weekends.
- Sweets are Candy's Trademark Favorite Food, but she doesn't eat them often.
- Justified: Candy likes the taste of sweets and is either unaware of or nonchalant about the negative health effects.
- Subverted: There's a lot of talking about how much sweets Candy eats, but when we get to see her eating, she's always eating fruit.
- Double Subverted: The fruit turns out to be candy fruit.
- Parodied: Candy doesn't like sweets, but uses Insane Troll Logic to explain why she thinks eating them is a good idea anyway.
- Zig Zagged: Candy's consumption of sweets is inconsistent.
- Candy likes sweets, but not that much.
- Candy doesn't like sweets.
- "Candy is hyperactive and needs fuel."
- "How can we easily show Candy's immaturity?"
- The creators want to make An Aesop about tooth decay, the negative health effects of too much sweets, or something similar.
- "Candy is a genius, and her brain needs sugar (glucose) to function, so we'll make her a Genius Sweet Tooth."
- The show is sponsored by a particular brand of candy, and what better way to incite the viewers to buy their product than by showing a character going crazy over it?
- Lampshaded: "Candy has eaten 12 lollipops today, and it's only noon!"
- Invoked: The sweets shops try to get Candy addicted to sweets.
- Exploited: The sweets shops make a profit on Candy. They start treating her as a "special customer", giving her discounts so she buys more sweets from them.
- Candy's parents forbid her from eating unreasonable amounts of sweets.
- Candy's parents get her to like fruits and vegetables instead of sweets.
- "Some people seem that they can't control the amount of sweets they eat."
- "Hey, Candy, you just have to taste this! But I warn you, you may get addicted to sweets because of it."
- Conversed: "You'd think Candy would get fat after eating so much sweets. Also, she's a terrible role model for children who need to eat healthily."
- Implied: Candy often buys a lot of sweets which she takes home, and it's not obviously for anyone else.
- Deconstructed: Candy's consumption of sweets causes her to gain weight, which takes its toll on her health. She also suffers tooth decay.
- Reconstructed: Candy starts exercising and seriously reduces her consumption of sweets, while still allowing herself a treat now and then. For the tooth decay, she starts brushing her teeth more frequently after a visit to the dentist.
- Played For Laughs: Candy is willing to make many a crazy plan to get herself some sweets whenever she's out.
- Played For Drama: Candy eats sweets compusively.
Back to Sweet Tooth