Playing With: Sufficiently Advanced Alien
: Aliens with a Tech Level
that is indistinguishable from magic.
- Straight: The aliens can make things appear and disappear with hand waves, routinely perform feats that are on the upper end of the Kardashev Scale.
- Exaggerated: The Aliens ARE god/gods.
- Downplayed: The Aliens are just implied to be very high on the Kardashev Scale, but rarely interfere.
- Justified: They had a much longer time to evolve than humans; they are actually Energy Beings.
- Inverted: Insufficiently Advanced Alien
- Subverted: Bamboo Technology
- Double Subverted: Sufficiently Advanced Bamboo Technology.
- The aliens are godlike, but they prefer to annoy puny humans or wear fezes instead of doing anything useful.
- The aliens are better gamers than humans.
- Zig Zagged: The aliens are godlike... but they need spaceships! Oh wait, they don't... but they go away once you flip them off.
- Averted: Most alien races are on similar Tech Levels.
- Enforced: We need a real threat to the heroes now... let's see how much power we can give those aliens!
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Now get the hell out of our galaxy!!!"
- Conversed: ???
Back to Sufficiently Advanced Aliens