: A social subculture is reduced to a stereotype.
- Straight: Seamus O'Taku spends all his money on anime and manga, sleeps with a body-pillow emblazoned with a naked Sailor Moon, subsists on pocky and ramen, and is a virgin who still lives with his mother well into his 40's.
- Exaggerated: Seamus does all of the above, plus wearing cosplay to go buy milk and bread, working gratuitous Japanese into every conversation, and being heavily into lolicon and/or tentacle hentai.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Seamus is mentally ill.
- Inverted: Seamus O'Taku is, because of his fondness for anime and other geekdom, the Only Sane Man in the show.
- Subverted: Seamus likes anime, but leads a functional and productive life.
- Double Subverted: But he is mentioned as being in financial trouble, or facing the threat of a divorce or breakup, because he allocates all his money towards his geeky collections rather than food, rent, bills, etc.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Seamus isn't part of any particular subculture, unless Office Drone or "average joe" counts.
- Enforced: Acceptable Targets
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Seamus decides to branch out a bit more and find some interests and friends that don't necessarily have anything to do with anime, manga, Japan, etc.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Reconstructed: The series makes it clear that not all nerds and geeks are like this, and that most are, in fact, quite happy, productive, and well-adjusted people.
Back to Subculture of the Week