: An ally
's attempts to help the player turn out to be more annoying than anything else.
- Straight: Ichigo the Exposition Fairy offers helpful advice to The Hero Kenta; however, sometimes her timing is a bit... off.
- Exaggerated: Ichigo will not shut up and pipes up with unsolicited advice every time you move near something with a potential Action Command.
- Downplayed: Ichigo will state an obvious fact about a puzzle every time, which never gets in the way but tends to more often than not be completely unhelpful.
- Inverted: Ichigo refuses to give Kenta any advice unless he flat-out asks for it. And sometimes not even then. Start Helping Me!
- Ichigo burst out with advice repeatedly, frequently when Kenta's about to say something, and Kenta realizes in due course that Ichigo is preventing him from letting information slip.
- At the beginning of the game, you get to choose if Ichigo helps you out or not, and this only occurs if you choose "yes."
- Double Subverted: Except that that's just coincidence.
- Parodied: Ichigo gives Kenta advice on how to breathe.
- Zig Zagged: Ichigo gives tons of advice during the Forced Tutorial, but tapers off afterwards, only making a few comments here and there... until the Unexpected Genre Change Scrappy Level, where she barrages the player with all the new controls and pipes up at inopportune moments.
- Averted: All contact with Ichigo is cut off in the first level.
- Enforced: Ichigo is the game's Forced Tutorial, inserted to ensure players learn the controls and don't forget them.
- Lampshaded: "I'm being more of a nuisance than a help to you, aren't I?"
- Invoked: Ichigo has been forced into servitude, and is intentionally being as unhelpful as possible in hopes that it will get him off the hook.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: *looking directly into the screen* "Don't give me that look! I know what you're thinking, but I'm not giving you any advice unless you ask for it!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Ichigo is incredibly nervous and isn't sure whether Kenta is The Chosen One or not; she geninuely means well, but ends up getting on his (and the player's) nerves. Kenta finally snaps at Ichigo and the two getting into an argument that causes her to run away crying "I was only trying to help", her self-confidence as a helpful guide shattered.
- Kenta (or Ichigo herself, if she realizes what she's doing) backstops the previous scenario by finding a way to let Ichigo assist Kenta more directly (e.g., shoot arrows at an enemy) - if she's concentrating on attacking the enemy directly, she's not talking.
- Ichigo later turns out to be a Treacherous Advisor working for the Evil Overlord who was sent to follow The Chosen One and deliberately lead him into danger. Her badly timed advice was meant to distract him at critical moments, make her into The Scrappy, and give players that much more of a thrill when they get to beat her down later in a big Boss Battle.
- Ichigo annoys the living heck out of Magnanymus, but he can't bring himself to say anything, so he sends her off to help the hero as a way of keeping her out of his hair for a few weeks.
- Plotted A Good Waste: You are able to kill Ichigo pretty much at any time; however doing so not only causes your Karma Meter to take a nosedive, but means you get no explanation at all for gameplay mechanics introduced after you do so.
- Played For Laughs: Ichigo starts all of her "helpful hints" with "Hey! Listen!" Fortunately, you can smack her with you sword to shut her up...for a little while.
- Played For Drama: As time goes on, Ichigo's hints will become more and more frequent, as well as being more and more inane and useless. This is a sign of her deepening insanity.
This way back to Stop Helping Me!
! See? It's right here
, come on! Look!