: Someone who arrogantly plays only to win and doesn't care about having fun at all.
- Straight: Charlie and Bob are playing Fighter Tournament with Charlie playing as Rick and Bob as Fred. Charlie wins and arrogantly calls Bob a noob for not playing as Rick and tells him to stop playing as his favorite character.
- Exaggerated: Charlie beats Bob with Omega Rick with a combination of infinite like combos he has practiced for years and glitches he often takes advantage of that hasn't been fixed yet. Charlies states that this is the only way to play the game and tells Bob to quit playing this game.
- Downplayed: Charlie plays as Samantha who while strong, is beatable with certain characters. Bob didn't choose any of those characters and when the match is over, Charlie tells Bob that he sucks badly but not really in an "in your face" kind of way.
- Charlie is a victim of Complacent Gaming Syndrome, having played as Rick so many times because he is considered top tier that he has memorized everything.
- Charlie is planning on entering tournaments for prizes. He may come off as jerkish, but he gets on Bob's case about it because he wants practice against what he expects to fight for real, and dislikes that Bob is only playing to enjoy himself.
- Knowing that Bob wants to be better at the game, Charlie is willing to play as Darrin so Bob can practice with Alice and when Bob finally beats him in a clean match with Charlie playing as Gina, he humbly congratulates Bob for finally mastering Alice.
- Charlie plays with Bob in Fighter Tournament when he's not competing because Bob's quite new to the game, and teaching Bob to play it is far more fun and enjoyable to him than playing with those who fight to win.
- Subverted: Charlie is willing to go out of his comfort zone by playing as Mark
- Double Subverted: ...who is considered to be second on the tier list only to Rick and he knows how to play him as much as Rick.
- Parodied: Charlie has mastered every single character in the game, even Darrin, has memorized every single combo video that has ever existed and knows ever single secret technique and glitches out there. He beats Bob who plays Samantha with Darrin using a combination of combos he has seen online, glitches, and secret unlockable crystals that power up each character. He considers himself the best player that has ever lived and for the rest of the day, tries to force Bob to say that he is a godly like player with no avail with Bob saying that he is just trying to have fun.
- Zig Zagged: Charlie is playing as Mark who is second on the tier list only to Rick. However, Mark does have a couple of disadvantage against some characters including low tier characters and Bob plays as Jenny who while considered low tier, is an excellent counter against Mark. While Charlie has gotten two perfects against Bob, suddenly Bob has won two close matches but Charlie won the last match and admits that he was holding back and gave those two victories to Bob to show how good he is and rubs it against his face.
- Averted: Both Bob and Charlie choose the random select every time, not caring who they play as but they both are having fun.
- Enforced: Bob is kicked out because he's having fun.
- Lampshaded: "So Charlie, are you even having fun playing this game or what?"
- Invoked: Bob willingly plays with Charlie so he can videotape him and show all of his friends how much of an arrogant tool Charlie really is and warns them not to play with him.
- Exploited: This sets up a scene later on where Charlie plays against Alice and gets his comeuppance in front of everyone.
- Defied: Bob has given Charlie an ultimatum, relax and have fun or he is never going to play with him ever again.
- Discussed: "Why are you playing as this character? Why are you laughing at the dialogue? STOP HAVING FUN BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- Conversed: "Does Charlie ever relax whenever he is playing Fighter Tournament?"
- Eventually, after so many loses against Charlie, Bob has finally beat Charlie with Fred using a technique Charlie has not thought of and remembering enough of Charlie's gameplay to know his weaknesses. Charlie is silent beyond disbelief, not knowing that there was a counter against his gameplay.
- Bob immediately quit the match, saying that Charlie's JerkAss attitude is making him lose interest in playing ''Fighter Tournament'' and vows never to play against him or play the game again, fearing he might fight him online.
- For weeks, Charlie has studied how Bob beat him and adjust his strategy so he doesn't lose again.
- Eventually, Charlie apologizes for his JerkAss behavior and promises to be more humble when playing against Bob. Bob decides to play with Charlie again but upon winning the first match, Charlie keeps asking Bob "Who's your daddy?"
- An update is released for the game rebalancing the characters making them all equally viable and fixing glitches. Charlie still wins most of the time but Bob's a contender now.
- Played For Laughs: All of Charlie's insults has some humor to it and Bob is pretty much a Butt Monkey in gaming.
- Played For Drama: Charlie considers Fighter Tournament to be Serious Business and believes that people should be treated to how skilled they are in the game. After beating Bob and other players, people are starting to realize how much of a JerkAss Charlie is with Fighter Tournament and this eventually leaves Charlie with no friends and thus, no one to play with.
You're not suppose to go back to “Stop Having Fun” Guys
through this link. Use the back button on your browser. Are you hearing me? STOP HAVING FUN ON TV TROPES!!!!!!!!!!!!