: A character insults another in a way that is intended to go over their head.
- Straight: Alice subtly insults her boss Bob knowing that he won't get it.
- Exaggerated: Alice manages to give an entire "The Reason You Suck" Speech without Bob realizing that she is saying anything mean.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Bob is a Pointy-Haired Boss with a Hair-Trigger Temper, and she can't tell him what she really thinks without getting in trouble.
- Inverted: Calling Me a Logarithm
- Subverted: Alice flat-out calls him an asshole.
- Double Subverted: But he doesn't clearly hear or understand her, meaning there still aren't any repercussions.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Alice keeps her opinions to herself.
- Alice says exactly what she thinks of Bob in no uncertain terms.
- Enforced: "We need to show that Alice is way smarter than Bob, and has no respect for him."
- Lampshaded: "Did you seriously miss that?" "Miss what?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Alice's bravery and wit make her instantly popular with her coworkers.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Despite being stupid, Bob still notices the insult.
- Reconstructed: He realizes from the attempt that he is a terrible boss, and takes genuine steps to improve.
Back to Stealth Insult