: Gameplay segment where the player must follow an NPC
without being noticed.
- Straight: Chandler must follow Willy as he heads to a secret meeting that may or may not be with a criminal contact.
- Exaggerated: Chandler must follow Willy through his entire routine for the whole day — perhaps even several days — without tipping Willy off to the fact that he's being followed.
- Downplayed: Chandler only needs to follow Willy for one corridor to find out which door he's going in to.
- Justified: Chandler is a Private Detective hired to follow Willy.
- Inverted: Chandler is going about his normal routine when he realizes he's being tailed. Rather than immediately react and tip them off, scaring them off — or worse, provoking them into attacking right then and there — he decides to feign ignorance and lure them into a trap.
- Subverted: Willy is one of Chandler's Pet Rats, and he knows that Chandler is going to be right behind him the whole time, following him to the scene.
- Double Subverted: However, they still have to be careful about this, as Willy will be meeting dangerous criminals who hopefully won't be aware that Willy's got a tail...
- Parodied: An optional Side Quest revolves around Chandler trying to reunite with his estranged ex-girlfriend... by stalking her.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: Chandler's in a Stealth-Based Game, and developers wanted to drive home the importance of this and test the player's skills at a critical moment in the plot.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Willy is Chandler's first assignment, and humorously oblivious to nearly every sign that he's being followed short of Chandler standing right behind him and breathing down his neck for several minutes.
- Played For Drama: All of Chandler's other investigations have only turned up dead ends — and, in several cases, dead bodies. Willy is the only living lead he's got left. If he loses sight of him, he may never manage to track down Willy again before the organization "takes care of him"... either one of them. If he gets caught... well, he won't have to worry about that. Or anything else.
Back to Stalking Mission