The link at the bottom of this page directs you to the Spoiler Opening main page
: The opening credits of a work ruin important plot events before they happen.
- Straight: The Anime-styled opening to the JRPG Heroes of Troperia contains a scene with a teary-eyed Bobu by a grave with Arisu's name engraved. Halfway into the story, Emperor Evulz kills off Arisu. Following a fight scene, Bobu is seen at Arisu's funeral, mourning her death and vowing revenge on Evulz, thus causing a dramatic change in his behavior for the rest of the story.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The opening is of the hero reading the Tomes of Prophecy and Fate. Bobu, seeing Arisu will die in the near future, tries to prevent this from happening, but...
- Inverted: The scene of Arisu dying in the opening? She never dies, and nothing even remotely resembles it in the game itself.
- Subverted: Arisu's funeral is shown in the opening, but the work is a Video Game with a permanent death mechanic. Arisu CAN die, but she does not as part of the story itself, and it doesn't affect the plot...
- Double Subverted: ... unless you earn the Bad Ending, in which Arisu is killed by Evulz anyway
- Parodied: Arisu dies early on, only for her to reveal that she faked her death as part of a clever plan. The big bad kills her again, only for it latter revealed to be one of a series of eerily human-looking robot duplicates that regularly sacrifice themselves as part of every major twist in the plot, only to be replaced later.
- Zig Zagged: "What!? Arisu dies!? I'm not watching any more of this..." "Huh? Arisu never died in the first place!? Phew!" "Okay, now I know it's safe to see the rest of- oh, come on! She dies a SECOND time!? Who kills off the same girl twice in one opening!?"
- Averted: There is no opening in the first place.
- Enforced: "We need to hook the players into actually playing more than the first hour... let's reveal in the opening that Arisu dies so that they'll get addicted into reaching that point and the story beyond!"
- Lampshaded: "Get over her, Bobu! Anyone who watched the opening knew it would happen!"
- Invoked: The opening is a vision Arisu receives at the beginning of the game, and seeing the lengths Bobu goes afterwards, embraces her inevitable fate.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Oh Crap, all this happened right before Arisu died in the opening. I can't let her do anything dangerous..."
- Conversed: "I can't believe Arisu dies!" "What do you mean, you can't believe it!? It's in the freaking OPENING, they made it obvious!"
- Deconstructed: The scene with a teary-eyed Bobu by a grave with Arisu's name engraved is missing whit a blank screen saying spoiler until the death
Where does this go? Click to find out!