Playing With: Space Whale Aesop
: A moral lesson is established by showing improbably serious consequences of doing something wrong.
- Straight: Spencer throws some used toys on the ground instead of disposing of them properly. It kills off some vegetation and makes some of the flowers mutate into something ugly. Spencer has to pay a hefty fine and deal with angry people who loved the vegetation.
- Exaggerated: Spencer throws a single candy wrapper on the ground. He is kidnapped by a witch who turns him into a flower and poisons him, explaining that "now you'll know how the plants feel when people litter".
- Spencer (friendlily) teases William. The latter becomes a bullying victim because others imitate and exaggerate Spencer's behaviour, failing to understand that Spencer was just joking.
- Spencer throws a Banana Peel on the ground. William slips on it and falls. He suffers some minor injuries that aren't probable for a young boy that falls, but can happen nonetheless.
- Justified: It turns out that the toys contained dangerous chemicals that are potentially fatal for plants, and the batteries leak easily.
- Subverted: Spencer throws some used toys on the ground. It kills off some vegetation. Spencer has to pay a hefty fine and deal with angry people who loved the vegetation. It turns out that it was just a nightmare Spencer had after throwing some used toys on the ground.
- Double Subverted: Spencer wakes up to being arrested.
- Spencer throws a single candy wrapper on the ground. The next day, he loses the lottery, and everyone thinks it happened because he littered the day before.
- Spencer dreams about the scenario in Exaggerated, and says "What a ridiculous dream" when he wakes up.
- Zig Zagged: Subverted, Double Subverted, then it turns out Spencer was arrested for shoplifting. In prison he dreams about being kidnapped and poisoned by a witch... Or Was It a Dream?
- Spencer throws some used toys on the ground instead of disposing of them properly. It gets realistic consequences.
- Spencer disposes of his toys properly.
- Lampshaded: "Did all of this seriously happen because of a stupid toy car I threw away?"
- Invoked: Soap Box Sadie sees Spencer littering and decides to punish him badly.
- Exploited: The owners of the killed vegetation sue Spencer.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: "Maybe I should dispose of these toys properly... Nah, what's the worst that can happen?"
- Conversed: "If this show wants to teach me anything about pollution, it should at least give me realistic consequences of littering."
Go back to Space Whale Aesop
or be eaten by a giant squrrel.