: A weapon has better range than it would in Real Life
- Straight: Simo can hit enemies from half a kilometre away with his pistol.
- Exaggerated: Simo can hit enemies from kilometres away with his pistol.
- Downplayed: Simo's pistol is slightly more accurate than normal.
- Simo's pistol is a unique weapon expressly designed to be both compact and accurate at long ranges.
- Simo's weapon only appears to be a normal pistol; it actually fires small guided missiles.
- Simo has a superpower such that he always hits with his guns.
- Inverted: Short-Range Long-Range Weapon
- Subverted: Simo was aiming for a nearer mook.
- Double Subverted: Simo was planning to kill the more distant mook, it's just that where he calculated to be the proper point to aim at in order to account for things such as wind and the Coriolis effect happened to be right at the nearer mook.
- Parodied: Simo's shot flies halfway around the world and nails an enemy general in the nads.
- Zig Zagged: After his initial success, Simo uses his pistol to snipe again. But this time, some environmental factor spoils his shot. Then he discovers his pistol is enchanted for extra accuracy and he scores long-range kills again. Then he loses the gun and has to rely on an unimproved one.
- Averted: Characters only use weapons at their appropriate ranges.
- Simo's action figure only has one gun, so that's what he uses, sensible or otherwise.
- Simo is in a video game that has Arbitrary Gun Power (or just plain laziness), and weapons that fire quickly like assault rifles only have full automatic functionality and as such are less accurate. The pistol, being semiautomatic, is far more accurate by comparison - and the developers Flanderized this to make the pistol more useful.
- Lampshaded: "How the heck did you make that shot? That gun can't even hit someone on the other side of the room!" "I'm just that good."
- Invoked: Simo attaches a scope to his Hand Cannon.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Despite having his pistol in hand, Simo switches up for his rifle before attempting a long-range shot.
- Discussed: "Simo's our best counter-sniper. All he needs is a pistol."
- Conversed: Two members of The Squad are winding down in the rec room when this shows up in a movie. One of them says it's impossible, the other claims he knew this guy, who knew this guy...
- Deconstructed: Getting such long-distance shots requires such extensive ballistics calculations to factor in bullet drop, Leading The Target, wind etc. that they are Awesome, but Impractical; you might as well use an all-up Sniper Rifle. A pistol does not have very good power at such ranges either. As such, Simo is unable to down his target at range even when he is able to hit him, and he gets a squadmate killed.
- Reconstructed: Simo practices drills for learning to rapidly swap between his rifle and pistol, and learns how to rapidly fire his pistol for suppressive effect moreso than accuracy. He's still surprisingly accurate with it.
- Played For Laughs: Simo can hit anything, anywhere, with his tiny derringer, and chooses his targets for the maximal humorous effect.
- Played For Drama: With One Bullet Left in his 9mm handgun and the Love Interest being held hostage on the other side of a gaping ravine, Simo has no choice but to take careful aim and pray.
Back to Sniper Pistol
, and don't underestimate its range!