: A character (usually a girl) wears pants under skirt.
- Straight: Alice wears pants under her dress/skirt.
- Exaggerated: Alice wears this all the time, such as wearing a skirt with her pajama pants.
- Downplayed: Alice wears short shorts under her dress/skirt.
- Justified: She does not want her underwear to be shown whenever the wind blows and flips her skirt up.
- Inverted: Alice wears a skirt underneath her pants. It results in odd bunching and as she admits "isn't very comfortable".
- Subverted: Alice decided not to use this new style.
- Double-Subverted: ...Until she remembers Bob having a bad habit of flipping them over.
- Parodied: Alice wears long pants and shorts, with a long dress and a short skirt.
- Zig Zagged: Alice changes her mind constantly, up to and including changing her outfit multiple times during a day.
- Averted: Alice wears only her dress/skirt, without any pants underneath.
- Enforced: A school that uses this as their dress code.
- Lampshaded: "So Alice, skirt and shorts again?", "Yep, the Moral Guardians don't want kids looking at my butt!"
- Invoked: Alice always remembers to put on her pants first before wearing her skirt over.
- Exploited: ???
- Bob pulled down Alice's pants.
- Alice decides that if she's wearing pants, the skirt isn't necessary.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice wears the trope until she realizes that guys are ignoring her because they think she's a lesbian tomboy, and that it covers up her ass and legs.
- Reconstructed: Alice stops wearing it, but the attention makes her feel socially awkward, so she starts wearing them again.
Back to Skirt over Slacks