: Protagonists are struck by a short-lived disability forcing them to rely on other skills for the duration of the episode. The disability is cured by the next episode
- Straight: Bob temporarily becomes blind, forcing him to avoid dangerous situations until his sight returns.
- Exaggerated: The entire group of adventurers becomes blind, deaf and quadriplegic for an entire plot arc.
- Downplayed: Bob's normally 20/20 vision is slightly impaired for half of the episode.
- Justified: The disability heals naturally given appropriate medical care, such as mobility impairment due to a leg fracture.
- Inverted: Bob is a Handicapped Badass whose disability is temporarily cured, causing him to lose his Disability Superpower.
- Subverted: Bob is blinded, but immediately puts on a special pair of "Electronic Eye(TM)" goggles, which allow him to continue to see normally.
- Double Subverted: The electronic eyes leave him vulnerable to the Monster of the Week, who can control what he sees through them.
- Parodied: Bob gets a papercut and the horrific pain makes it hard for him to do anything with his hands.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: No one acquires a temporary disability.
- Enforced: Bob's actor has to rest his eyes after being injured in an accident and they're behind schedule for that season. They're forced to write the injury into the plot so they can finish filming on time.
- Lampshaded: "You do realize you're blind, right, Bob?"
- Invoked: Alice attempts to make Bob less of a threat to her Evil Plan by blinding him with a flash bomb.
- Exploited: Alice the evil waits for Bob to be injured by happenstance before putting her Evil Plan into effect rather than doing it herself.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Single-Episode Handicap