: A character becomes cynical the moment they grow up
- Straight: Chris was idealistic when he was younger, but as he grows up, he becomes cynical.
- Chris was idealistic when he was 5 years old, now he has become cynical as a teenager.
- Chris becomes so cynical he turns into a Straw Nihilist villain.
- Chris wasn't clearly idealistic to begin with, but he becomes more of a cynic as he grows older.
- Chris goes from idealistic to Knight in Sour Armor.
- Subverted: Chris was cynical until he had an encouraging talk with his True Companions about this matter.
- Double Subverted: But that only lasted a short time. Chris is as cynical as they come.
- Parodied: 5-year-old Chris becomes a chain-smoking, gun-toting, evil mastermind the instant his 6th birthday rolls in.
- Zig Zagged: Chris grew out of his idealism, but then found religion and regained faith in humanity, until his pastor mugged him for drug money, but his nurse at the hospital showed that people are still good, but...
- Averted: Chris becomes an adult and still retains his idealistic attitude.
- Enforced: "We need to make Chris Darker and Edgier after the Time Skip. Why not make him cynical?"
- Invoked: Fred is sick of Chris's constant cheeriness. So he goes and shows him how dickish the world is.
- Exploited: The villain's weakness is idealism,so he breaks him, sapping his innate joy.
- Defied: Life was getting more difficult for Chris, but he's not gonna let that change who he is.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Chris becomes cynical as he reaches adulthood. As a result, his cynicism has alienated his friends, family, and society as a whole. He becomes so depressed that the only thing he wishes for is that he dies so no one will be around to look down on him for his cynicism.
- Chris's newly adopted cynical outlook on life has caused him to set his goals and expectations in life shockingly low, turning him lazy and apathetic. The idealists call him out on his ways, saying that he doesn't have any right to criticize them for their efforts while he sits around complaining about how the world sucks but not actively doing anything about it.
- Chris's goals and expectations in life are pathetically low and he doesn't accomplish anything in life, causing him to resent his more idealistic peers' success. But naturally, this is society's fault.
I don't want to talk about all of that childish crap from the past! Just leave me alone and go back to the main page