: Siblings act like opposites.
- Straight: Alice is a quiet and shy sister while Bob is a loud and boisterous brother.
- Exaggerated: Alice is a sane sister with good qualities while Bob is a sociopath with bad qualities.
- Downplayed: Alice tends to be direct and sincere while Bob is a Deadpan Snarker.
- Alice and Bob are half siblings or even Not Blood Siblings.
- Alice and Bob were seperated at a young age and raised in two very different environments or situations.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are exactly the same in every single aspect.
- Subverted: When we first see them, Alice is quiet because she's exhausted from pulling an all-nighter. When she's well-rested she is just as chatty.
- Double Subverted: ...however, because Alice is a night owl and Bob is an early riser, they tend to be awake and tired at opposite times.
- Parodied: Every time Alice perks up and begins speaking enthusiastically, the Trope Police show up and give her a ticket for infringing on her brother's territory.
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob are polar opposites in some ways, but identical or not so different in others.
- Averted: Alice and Bob do have some differences, but not enough to qualify as this.
- Enforced: The writers wanted to ensure that none of the characters were too similar to each other.
- Lampshaded: "Funny how two people growing up in the same family can be so completely different."
- Invoked: Alice and Bob are Half-Identical Twins who decided to act differently so as not to be confused.
- Exploited: ...except on purpose, when they do a Twin Switch.
- Defied: Bob thinks Alice is awesome and tries to act like she does.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Sibling Yin-Yang