Playing With: Shower of Love
Basic Trope: A couple showers together.
Back to Shower Of Love
- Straight: Alice and Bob take a shower together.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob actually have sex in the shower.
- Downplayed: They share the bathroom some other way, e.g. Bob is shaving while Alice is in the shower.
- Alice and Bob are a very intimate couple who maybe want to try something new during sex.
- On a pragmatic level, showering together (theoretically, at least!) saves time and water.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob shower separately.
- Alice gets in the shower alone, while Bob brushes his teeth.
- Alice and Bob shower together, but don't have sex.
- Double Subverted:
- Alice and Bob use the soap as not only a lubricant, but an actual sex toy.
- Alice and Bob get into a shower stall... And literally sing together.
- Alice and Bob hosts a morning TV show together — in their shower — which leads to sex.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob don't shower at all.
- Enforced: A writer wants Alice and Bob's relationship to be Hotter and Sexier.
- Lampshaded: "Save water, shower with me, Alice!"
- Invoked: Alice and Bob are Insatiable Newlyweds on their honeymoon.
- Exploited: Charlie robs them blind while they are blind to everything but each other's beautiful nude bodies.
- Alice and Bob don't find the shower a sexy setting (see "Deconstructed"), so they have sex either before or after they shower.
- Alice and Bob don't find showering together appealing.
- Discussed: "Wouldn't it be hot if we showered together and got to kissing, cuddling, squeegeeing, nosing, loving, et cetera, et cetera?"
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Reality Ensues — shower sex isn't without its challenges: it can be slippery, and water tends to wash away the body's natural lubricants.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob can shower together, but save the actual sex for when they get out, or they can find a position to use that won't result in slipping and falling and hurting themselves on hard surfaces, and use lubricants (usually silicone-based) that are water-sex friendly.
- Played For Laughs: Alice and Bob can't get into a good position in the cramped stall shower, slip on the soap, et cetera.
- Played For Drama:
- Alice and Bob are having makeup sex.
- One of them dies because of the hazards that come with having sex in the shower. The other comes down with Survivor Guilt.
- Alice and Bob break up, and they are so depressed about losing their love, they both go home to masturbate in the shower.
Back to Shower Of Love