: A shotgun in fiction has a shorter, but more effective range than it would in real life
- Straight: The shotgun weapon in Call of Tro-py does a lot of damage to targets within 5-10 metres, but anything outside that range will only receive Scratch Damage.
- Exaggerated: Call of Tro-py's shotgun reduces any target within 5-10 metres to bloody dust, but the pellets disappear completely outside that range.
- Downplayed: Call of Tro-py's shotgun has about a third of the range it would in real life but it is still more than most.
- Justified: It's a sawn-off shotgun.
- Inverted: Call of Tro-py's shotgun does a lot of damage to long-range targets but near targets will only receive Scratch Damage.
- Subverted: Call of Tro-py's shotgun can have its range upgraded...
- Double Subverted:...but so can all the other weapons, so the shotgun still has a shorter range than every other weapon.
- Parodied: Shotguns are shown being out ranged by spears used as melee weapons.
- Zig Zagged: The first shotgun plays this straight - until you get the choke upgrade. The sawed off shotgun takes it to an extreme, meanwhile the hunting shotgun displays realistic range, and the futuristic 5H0T magnetic shotgun has a better range than many sniper rifles.
- Call of Tro-py's shotgun functions the same as a real life one.
- Call of Tro-py doesn't have any weapons that resemble a shotgun.
- Enforced: The makers of Call of Tro-py don't want to unbalance the game's weapons.
- Lampshaded: "Who made this piece of crap?"
- Invoked: The designers of the shotgun wanted something for close quarter combat that has plenty of stopping power but won't be a risk to those down-range.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: A character deliberately loads slugs into the weapon so they don't have to deal with the abysmal range.
- Implied: Shotguns are only seen causing kills at close distances.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Go back to Short Range Shotgun