: Shippers of a pairing interpret every moment between the pairing participants as Ship Tease
- Straight: Alice/Bob is a Fan-Preferred Couple. Shippers interpret all of their interactions as Ship Tease and hold it up as proof that Alice and Bob will hook up.
- Exaggerated: The most intimate of Alice and Bob's interactions is them standing together in the same scene. Fans analyze and examine it deeply to conclude they are in love.
- Downplayed: The shippers only do this for clearly significant interactions.
- The author of the work is known for slipping very subtle Foreshadowing in scenes for upcoming important events, and this includes pairings.
- Alice and Bob have a lot of canonical Ship Tease and fans just take it to the extreme.
- The actors who play Alice and Bob have a lot of chemistry.
- Inverted: Anti-Shipping Goggles
- Subverted: Alice/Bob shippers see mundane interactions between Alice and Bob just as mundane interactions.
- Double Subverted: ...but also think there may be a hint of something more to them.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob have a friend named Charlie, who is a Shipper on Deck for them and interprets all of their interactions as romantic in hopes of pushing them together.
- Zig Zagged: The fandom is evenly split between pairing Alice and Bob and downright hating the pairing.
- Averted: The fans of Alice/Bob use indicative canon evidence to support their pairing, and not mundane things like having a conversation about the weather.
- Enforced: The writers notice that Alice/Bob is a well-liked ship, and throw in ambiguous moments that could be seen as Subtext to stir up the fandom.
- Lampshaded: "Sometimes I wonder if Bob has feelings for me. I mean, we talk a lot, and I think he looked at me that one time for just a bit too long..."
- Invoked: Alice and Bob act ambiguously flirty with each other to mess with everyone else's heads.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice/Bob shippers see that a casual glance between Alice and Bob is...just a casual glance, and move on their merry way.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Being aware of the possible interpretation of all their interactions being romantic creates an awkward rift between Alice and Bob.
- Reconstructed: However, this makes them rethink their relationship, and come to terms with their feelings for each other.
Back to Shipping Goggles