: The point where two characters become an Official Couple
is the point where a series jumps the shark.
- Straight: After several seasons of playing the Will They or Won't They? game, Alice and Bob resolve their UST, and the fandom begins to dwindle.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob get together and the series is abruptly over.
- Downplayed: There's still a pretty large fandom after Alice and Bob got together; the ones that left were mainly the fans that preferred Alice and Charles.
- Inverted: The point in the series where Alice and Bob get together is seen as Growing the Beard, because either...
A) Now that their Romantic Plot Tumor has been resolved, the writers can focus on the genuinely engaging aspects of the series.
B) They have such a great chemistry and compelling interactions when together, that both of them become better characters as a result.
C) A combination of the previous points.
- Subverted: The fans seem to be OK with Alice and Bob as a couple.
- Double Subverted: But around the same time, the series begins Seasonal Rot, and the pairing gets Mis-blamed for it.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Enforced: True Love Is Boring, Relationship Writing Fumble.
- Lampshaded: "Ever since Alice and Bob got together, Long Runner has really gone downhill."
- Invoked: Alice and Bob take a break from their mission to pursue their feelings for one another.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Not long after they get together, Alice and Bob break up.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Awful Wedded Life.
- Played For Drama: The Masochism Tango.
Back to Shipping Bed Death