: Characters make use of a varied and deliberately anachronistic mix of technologies.
- Straight: Soldiers with AKA47s ride around on an antigravity sled with a catapult mounted on the back.
- Exaggerated: Cavemen discover fire... by seeing what happens when they shoot their laser pistols at dry shrubs. Word of this discovery spreads through the Internet.
- Downplayed: An interstellar spaceship's computer looks very 1990s, and the Space Marines prefer to fight with swords.
- A collision of cultures with different Technology Levels results in haphazard availability of advanced tech.
- After the End, the survivors lead a primitive existence, augmented by treasured relics of advanced technology.
- Everyone, everywhere has access to the same, very narrow level of technology across the board, from the most "primitive" backwater planet to the central galactic metropolis.
- (Enforced Inversion!) Everything used by the characters is Product Placement and thus real-world up to date at the time of production.
- Subverted: The "primitive" elements of the technology are actually very advanced counterparts—the swords are actually Laser Blades, for example.
- Double Subverted: But they function no differently from their genuinely primitive forebears, and still ought to be thoroughly outclassed by cutting-edge weaponry.
- Parodied: The deadly weapon that all Space Marines fear is... thrown rocks. They're treated as a credible threat when they supplement their laser guns with rocks of their own.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The characters have a consistent level of technology in their gear, and they never encounter outside cultures that might be at a different level of development.
- Enforced: A character has a 1940s refrigerator and 1980s car but due to Product Placement has the full suite of the latest Apple electronics.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
And Sir Tropealot took up the Internet-enabled parchment, and touched the words "Schizo Tech
", and was straightaway whisked back to the main article.