: A webcomic author (or other creative team) has trouble meeting their appointed deadlines, sometimes posting several days / weeks after they said they last would.
- Straight: Becky, who posts the comic Becky's Life, can't keep her MWF schedule, and often blows off whole weeks at a time.
- Exaggerated: Becky only posts pages 3-4 times a year, despite advertising her comic as a MWF comic.
- Downplayed: Becky posts a strip a day late.
- Becky is in high school and involved in varsity sports; as such, her free time is dictated by outside influences (so while she may be posting just fine during the summer, a big exam or a hard season could easily derail her).
- Alternatively, Becky has come down with some form of cancer or other debilitating illness, and so she only posts when she's healthy enough to post.
- Becky manages to post using an automated CMS, so her new entries show up exactly at midnight on the days they're supposed to, even if the comic in question is decidedly worse in quality than normal, or even just a bad haiku.
- Becky manages to make progress so much faster than the schedule that she goes from bimonthly to updating twice every day.
- Becky claims not to have an update schedule, but seems to update daily anyways.
- Subverted: Becky misses days, but the days Becky misses are filled by her best friend, John, whose posts become B Side Comics.
- Double Subverted: ... and then John drops the ball.
- Parodied: Becky constantly cracks jokes about how unreliable her schedule is, eventually changing the schedule to "Whenever".
- Zig Zagged: Becky is usually timely, then will screw up her schedule for a month or two while she sorts with her latest personal crisis, until things even out again, then she decides to screw with the audience until she gets tired of that.
- Becky does not post a schedule, and is quite up front about how unreliable her comic may be, suggesting that readers follow along via RSS instead.
- Becky posts according to schedule, rarely missing an update.
- Enforced: Becky refuses to keep a schedule, but promotes her comic saying that she does because it attracts more readers that way.
- Lampshaded: The Alpha Bitch in Becky's comics is constantly mocking her for not posting her comic enough.
- Invoked: The Alpha Bitch is a constant source of ruining Becky's comics before she can scan them, causing many of these schedule slips.
- Exploited: Becky uses her slip days as an excuse to encourage donations, saying she needs the money for a new computer or new software, when really she's just saving the money to get a cute purse.
- Defied: Becky builds an impressive Strip Buffer that stretches out several weeks / months ahead of schedule.
- Discussed: In a series of strips before the slip, Becky asks some of her friends about what to do if she can't keep up the comic.
- Conversed: Becky does a series of strips where she's talking to her friends about her problems keeping a schedule, and they invariably help her feel better about it.
- Deconstructed: Becky starts posting strips in different update patterns each week, sometimes posting one comic a week on different days of the week for several weeks, because she's trying to figure out when she gets the most traffic and attention for posting.
- Reconstructed: However, even keeping up this bizarre schedule slip still messes up, either because she can't keep up with her new pattern or because people still don't get that she's messing with the pattern on purpose, calling her a Lazy Artist.
Back to Schedule Slip
, not that you'll find anything new there anyway